Thursday, March 29, 2012

Progress Report

After nine weeks of attending my weekly Diet Center consultation I can report the following progress:

  • 23 pounds lost
  • 32 inches lost
  • Confidence gained!
I plan to continue practicing all of the good habits and healthy eating plan that I learned at Diet Center.  After Easter, I will join Curves and incorporate a weekly fitness program into my journey.

You see, my local Diet Center is closing and our consultant has retired.  The closest office to us is not very close nor convenient.  However, I feel confident that I can follow the healthy eating plan.  I just need a place to 'check-in' once a week and make sure my weight-loss journey stays on track.  I joined Curves a couple of years ago and stopped going for financial reasons.  This time around I must keep in mind that I am worth the investment of time and money into a fitness program.  This time around I will have my best buddy, my mom, to accompany me and continue our mutual support system.

I have learned that in order to grow as a person and to understand who you are in life it is imperative to be honest and share your experiences with others.  While my success is not a recipe for everyone wanting to change their life there are certainly people who will benefit from the details of my story.  The difference in success in anything is MINDSET.  I could give you all of the diet advice and 'secrets' that have helped me but unless you adopt the frame of mind that you DESERVE to be healthy, the following will be just words.  Every one has their own, individual journey and this is mine...

My daily caloric intake hovers between 1100 and 1300 per day.  I am a much larger woman but this amount has allowed me to lose an average of 2.5 pounds per week with no exercise!

Every morning I have fresh squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon) with warm water.  I take calcium, a multi-vitamin, an anti-oxidant, and vitamin B complex.  I also have a large cup of green tea with honey.

I write down every single thing I consume each day including vitamins and amount of water (a minimum of 64 ounces).

I limit the amount of salt, butter, and drink no alcohol.  I enjoy using non-stick cooking spray, garlic, Mrs. Dash, fresh ground pepper, and herbs for seasoning.  When I have a salad I use:  olive oil, vinegar, or balsamic vinaigrette (no more blue cheese).

I am 'allowed' the following each day:

  • 3 Starches @ about 60 calories each
  • 5 Vegetables @ about 25 calories each
  • 2 Fruits @ about 60 calories each
  • 6 Protein @ about 55 calories each
  • 2 Dairy @ about 90 calories each
  • 2 Fats @ about 45 calories each
  • 2 Additional @ about 20 calories each
My favorite starches are:  brown rice, wasa, oatmeal, whole wheat bread, and whole wheat pasta.
My favorite vegetables are:  broccoli, lettuce (all kinds), Brussel sprouts, zucchini,  tomato, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, carrots, and cucumber.
My favorite fruits are:  bananas, grapefruit, strawberries, and apple (must have at least one per day).
My favorite proteins are:  chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, shrimp, scallops, and lean beef.
My favorite dairy is:  cottage cheese, fat-free cheese, yogurt (Greek and non-fat) and Diet Center fudge bar.

I try to vary my routine throughout the day but there are some things which work for me.  A large salad at lunch or dinner.  An apple, dairy, and butter-free popcorn (on nights that I'm still hungry).  I have my good days and bad days like every one else but I realize I have to treat each day as a new opportunity to live a healthy life.

It's all in the MINDSET!

No comments:

Post a Comment