Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Vision, Revisited

It's quite ironic that as I make my way through spring cleaning and a general organization frenzy I should come across my vision board that I created last year.  And, it was just around this time last year (March 24th to be exact) that I wrote about it on this blog.  The funny thing is is that I have embraced my vision without it even being in my line of sight.  Unfortunately for me, it had been folded up and shoved in between some bags on the bottom of my hall closet floor.  I must say that today I took the time to locate the push pins and place my vision board right in front of the computer where I happen to write my blogs.  Even though this happens to be in my son's room it is in my field of vision and Nicolas is pretty agreeable and supportive of my ventures to self-improvement.

I was never really a doubter of the potential power of  a vision board, if I were I would never have spent the time collecting the images and phrases and strategically placing them on the blank, white canvas.  I also would not have considered placing my vows and vision statement in writing and including them on my board.  I did spend thoughtful time putting this tool together last year so I would consider myself a hopeful believer in the power of 'The Secret'.

But, back again to the irony.  So, I created the board last year.  It had many aspirations and goals emblazoned on its surface.  It was placed out of sight for a year (not my doing but I think I know who the culprit is).  And, the funny thing is, a year later, some of this vision has 'come true'.

Here are some examples:

  • I traveled to Carolina Beach, North Carolina and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina;
  • I put money in my savings and I have more money in my pocket;
  • I started to get in shape without setting foot in a gym;
  • I eat delicious, healthy meals that are balanced and nutritious;
  • I stress less and relax more;
  • I found my own identity which feels great!;
  • I own what I am:  independent, intuitive, smart, straightforward, pretty, and sexy;
  • I love every day;
  • I bought some great lingerie and have more romance, desire, and happiness in my life.
These are ongoing life changes that I've embraced in the last year thanks to my vision board.  Out of sight, out of mind?  Not necessarily.  Once you set your mind to something and 'put it out there in the universe' you will be heard.  There is still quite a bit to be accomplished from my vision board and every day is another step towards getting everything I want and deserve.

Total pounds lost after week seven:  19.6!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Sometimes just the process of putting it down on paper makes it more real to the world (whether you view it every day or not). Congrats on the weight loss - I know it's been a struggle. Sounds like you are taking the right steps and making more positive choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, Carolyn, you are one of my biggest supporters and I truly appreciate your friendship! Congrats on the great blog; I enjoy reading it every day!

    ReplyDelete