Monday, December 20, 2010

Body, Heart, and Mind

If I am in control of my own destiny then this makes sense.

December 19 - Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?  (Author:  Leoni Allan):
 
When it comes down to it, we must take responsibility for ourselves.  We must love ourselves enough to know that only we can initiate the positive changes with ourselves from within.  And, by positive changes I mean things we do to heal ourselves whether it's physically, emotionally or intellectually.
 
To heal my physical self I began an exercise regime.  I thought about it all year.  I would sit on the couch, eating my bon-bons, and think to myself, "Gee, it's a nice day.  I should really take a walk around the neighborhood.".  I finally 'woke up' in October.  I got myself off the couch, put on my sneakers (after dusting off the cobwebs), and got myself a walking buddy.  I was proud of myself that I pushed myself on days that I really didn't want to do it.  And, yes, I did feel better afterward.  I will continue to heal my physical being in 2011 (see previous post).
 
In order to heal myself emotionally I knew that ideally, if I had an unending cash-flow, I could enlist the help of a professional with ears to listen to all my childhood turmoil and triumphs.  But, with the economy the way it is and my wallet as empty as ever, I had to rely on myself to begin the healing of my emotional wounds.  I would have to lay it all out there for me to acknowledge, process, and in most instances, learn to let go.  So, I started this blog, Buzz Buckingham, to be my pseudonym, my persona, within my mind.  She was hired to take the thoughts and memories that I have locked away in the file drawers of my mind and told to purge.  Basically, Buzz Buckingham is professional organizer.  She helps me sort my thoughts, keep the good and positive memories, donate my stories so that others may learn from them, and throw away the negative (thoughts, feelings, and memories) that have been holding me back from healing. 
 
Intellectual healing?  Well, yes.  I have never shied away from learning something new.  I gladly take my continuing education course every year to fulfill my real estate broker license requirements.  I attend seminars and workshops.  But, this year I found most of my intellectual growth the old fashioned way.  By opening a book I discovered different philosophies, personal stories, and ideas for actions plans to help stimulate my growth.  Through reading self-help books, autobiographies, and some fiction I devoted myself to opening my mind to adopting different approaches to healing.
 
What is my plan going forward in 2011?  Well, healing is a long process and I am just at the beginning.  I will continue my health improvement plan by increasing my commitment to exercise.  I will continue to enlist the help of Buzz Buckingham because with every blog entry and writing endeavor I feel myself one step closer to happiness.  I will continue to seek and hear the words of wisdom of others by reading more books of inspiration and self-healing.  The year 2011 will be the year of progress and achievement through renewed dedication.






 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment