Monday, December 6, 2010

Creating Something Amazing - I Wonder

Hmm...this one has me stumped.  Yes, I had to consult the dictionary to see what "wonder" truly meant.  So, my interpretation is amazement.  Which leads me to the fourth prompt from the #Reverb10 challenge:

December 4 - Wonder.  How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author:  Jeffrey Davis).:

Okay, first, let me say that the reason this one threw me off a bit is that I thought to myself, "Who am I to think that I can actually do something to cause a sense of wonder or amazement?  I'm not all that and forget the bag of chips.  I'm just me."

So, I thought about it a different way and since writing, at this point, is really just for me to help me cope with my thoughts and feelings and because it is a form of cheap therapy it makes sense that my answer to this question has to relate to me.  Damn, am I selfish.  Oh well, tough shit.  If I'm not gonna think about myself, then who is?

The answer to the question is that I am the one that cultivated the sense of wonder in my life this year and I did it, amazingly, through writing.  I did the proverbial shit and got off the pot.  I started a blog and began purging my thoughts.  And let me tell you, it is a wonder I didn't do this years ago (thank you Mr. Procrastination).  It's not that I didn't want to.  Believe me, writing has been a goal of mine for the last 15 years.  I've dabbled in it but became more serious this year. 

2011 will be the year that I fully commit to writing.  I already set in place a schedule of which I plan to follow (see previous post) and I may even start today, amazingly!  This is my fourth blog post today and I am amazed that I actually did it.  I wonder if I will be able to complete another two...yes, I definitely will!

Gee, I wonder why I never thought that I, little old me, could not develop and grow something so marvelous and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment