Saturday, December 25, 2010

Do You See What I See?

I hate taking pictures, damnit!

December 25 - Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.  (Author:  Tracey Clark):

Okay, I hate taking pictures.  I can't take them of other people either; I just don't have the skill, artistry, nor patience.  And pictures of me?!  Forget it!  Yes, it is because I am fat and old; I just can't get around that fact.

But, if I had to choose one photo of me that captures my very essence and that I can tolerate looking at it would have to be the picture of my eye.  Yes, I've been told it is creepy.  I've also received compliments and have received flirtatious comments from strangers while playing Zynga Poker on Facebook.  Some people have even guessed my age wrong based on the appearance of my eye...they thought I was almost 20 years younger.  I know, I'm either really naive or they were really desperate for conversation.

I took the picture of my eye during 2009 when I was experimenting with my digital camera and faced with having to put a profile picture on my Facebook page.  I knew there was no way I would put my entire face never mind my entire body.  So, I chose my eye because that is one body part that I've always kind of liked about myself.  I like to say my eyes are green.  They are not brown; they are not blue;  they're not really hazel.  So, I like to say they are green.  And, since not many people have green eyes, it makes me somewhat unique.

The eyes are the window to the soul and if you look into my eye you may see a woman who is a deep-thinker, honest, emotional, and serious.  I like the picture of my eye such that I choose to use it as my avatar for other social websites, my AVON website, and my blog picture.

Maybe I'll update the picture of my eye soon but I'm afraid of all the wrinkles that have appeared since it was originally taken.  Or, maybe I'll choose another body part to identify with?

No comments:

Post a Comment