Monday, December 20, 2010

I Will Attempt To Try To Do

Sounds like I must summon my adventurous spirit.  It's in here somewhere, isn't it?

December 18 - Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it? (Author:  Kaileen Elise):

What did I 'try' in 2010?  Starting an exercise regime, of course.  I got started late in October 2010.  It involved walking about three times per week for 1/2 hour.  Once the weather got too cold at 7:30 a.m. I put it on hold.  Overall, a lame attempt but better than nothing.

The thing that bothers me a little about this prompt is that the word 'try' is non-committal; it is a little wishy-washy.  What is that saying, "there is no 'try', only 'do'"?  I think I will adopt the word 'DO' for this prompt because it is more energizing, focused, and requires a dedicated attempt at something.

So, what will I do in 2011?  Well, I will, at a minimum:

1.  Walk for 30 minutes four times per week.
2.  Play the following three exercise tapes in their entirety:  Pilates, Yoga, and Dancing With The Stars.
3.  Complete an exercise tape of my choice for 30 minutes three times per week.

With this plan to 'DO', I do not feel I am over-committing myself into a state of failure.  It is more than I am doing now and the benefits will make a significant difference in my health.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment